In this entry, I am featuring my 2 Dennis Rodman dolls: the "Bad As I Wanna Be" doll, and the "Dennis Rodman Wedding Day" doll. These dolls were made by Street Players and were released in 1996 after the release of Dennis Rodman's autobiography, "Bad As I Wanna Be".

Aside from his amazing basketball skills, Dennis Rodman has always been a colorful celebrity, from his ever-changing hair colors to his outrageous outfits.






It always piqued my interest when I would see media coverage of him during my childhood years.
He has spoken out against the use of fur, working with PETA in their "Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" campaign, with the slogan "Ink Not Mink".

He has also appeared supporting breast cancer research.

He has recently been in the news for his February 26, 2013 meeting with Kim Jong-un while he was in North Korea hosting basketball exhibitions.

The Dolls: I bought these dolls last month on ebay. They were sold together. I came across the dolls while perusing the doll section on ebay. I did not know that these dolls existed before then. I thought they would be an interesting addition to my collection. It was the Wedding Day doll that made me place my bid. It was so campy and it will fit in perfectly with a pair of dolls I have (that will remain unnamed, as I plan to feature them in the future and don't want to spoil the surprise).
Dennis Rodman Wedding Day: This 12" doll is wearing a copy of the wedding dress Dennis Rodman famously wore for a book signing. It has rooted red hair under a white veil, white sports shoes, and painted-on white gloves (the gloves have some yellowing to them). The doll has true-to-life tattoos as well.
Here is Dennis in the wedding dress in real life.

.jpg)



Bad As I Wanna Be: This 12" doll has flocked hot pink hair and true-to-life tattoos. He wears a basketball uniform with black sports shoes and a basketball.
He comes with a change of clothing that includes a silver vest, jean shorts, and a pair of knee-high silver boots.
This doll comes with an interchangable head featuring bright green flocked hair and silver sunglasses. At some point in the future, I plan on buying a second Bad As I Wanna Be doll to display this second head and costume.
I think I'll display the two dolls together, in a sort of 'newlywed' way...
Uh Oh, looks like Pink-haired Rodman has some competition...!
HOMEWORK: What is your favorite sport? Who is your favorite athlete?
No comments:
Post a Comment