Today's entry features the BARBIE® I CAN BE...™ President B PARTY™ Doll Nia. This doll was unveiled about one year ago and is currently still at Toys R Us, where I purchased her on Easter Sunday.
The President Barbie comes in 4 flavors: Barbie, Nikki, Theresa, and Nia, respectively.
Tea & Backstory... This last Sunday was Easter. My best friend and I were planning on going to an arts & crafts store, but when we got there we discovered that it was closed for the holiday. Most of the stores in that immediate area were also closed, but as we drove on, I saw that there was a Toys R Us, and it was open. We decided to go there.
I haven't been to Toys R Us in years. I accompanied a friend's friend about ten years ago to Babies R Us, and the last time I stepped into a Toys R Us was as a child in the mid-1990's, in Midland, Texas while I was visiting family. I have nothing against the store, but I forget that it is there and I just haven't gone. I'm glad we passed this one, and glad that we went inside. I of course made a beeline to the Barbie aisle. I saw a few items on clearance, and the I Can Be... President dolls were part of the clearance. I decided to get the President Nia version. Her box top was damaged, which I didn't mind (I suppose I could have dug around for another Nia with an undamaged box, but I don't keep my dolls boxed, so like I said, I didn't mind). As I said, she was on clearance, for 8.98, and I signed up for the (free) rewards card, which gave me an extra 20% off on top of that, making Nia's price just over 7 dollars. I love the little details.
The Doll: The I Can Be... President outfit was designed by designer Chris Benz.
(Here's a short interview with him, via Talkingwithtami.com)
I like the cloth's pattern. I like this better than just a plain fabric.
I love the cardboard backing that is part of the packaging. The podium can be seperated from the backing, as well as the "Barbie 2012" sign. Nia looks great in front of and behind the podium.
Ready for your questions!
There's a small printed dog as her security, ready to bark at anyone trying to get too close:
Here's the background:
Barbie's official I Can Be... President's website has lots of goodies, such as games, videos, and these printable stickers: (and more!)
Madame President Barbie stands on her own without a seperate stand. Her shoes are part of her legs, and are what enables her to stand. And they're super cute, too!
It turns out that Barbie lost the presidential race to President Obama, but there's always next election!
HOMEWORK: Has Barbie ever inspired you to do anything? If so, what?









No comments:
Post a Comment