Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2010 Couture Angel Barbie

Today I am featuring my 2010 Couture Angel Barbie. She is a Pink Label collector's Barbie designed by Ann Driskill. She was released on June 17, 2010.


I first came across her while I was at Tuesday Morning one day this summer. I of course fell in love immediately, with her gorgeous feathered wings, celestial blue gown, golden halo. She vaguely resembles Sarah Brightman in a Harem concert costume, except with blonde hair, not brown. This is unrelated but fabulous and therefore worthy of entry.




Back to the featured Barbie... The Barbie Collector website describes her best : Couture Angel™ Barbie® doll shows off goddess style in a strapless, celestial blue gown, worn with a ruffled white underskirt. The bodice features intricately stitched detailing. Faux pearl stud earrings, golden belt buckle, and whimsical peep toe shoes are the perfect accessories. Fluffy feathered wings are the final angelic touch. Divine design delivers a devilishly delightful doll!


As I said, I came across her this summer. Money has been tight this year, so I kept saying "I'll have to get her next month" for several months, never forgetting her, but, like a true angel, she was just out of my grasp.

Then one of my closest friends, for no reason other than she loves me (and I love her too!) fulfilled my dream of having this fantastic angel in my collection. I am so very lucky to have this lady as a friend!

I immediately went to Tuesday Morning (coincidentally where I bought my Tarina Tarantino Barbie I featured in my first post) and saved this angel from the clutches of some less-appreciative shopper. My heart fulfilled, I rushed home and, of course, freed the angel from her prison of a box. I discovered that her shoes were some of the cutest shoes I've ever seen on a Barbie.


I glued them to her feet so that they would not fall off (fear not, it was merely white glue that would not compromise the shoes or the feet.).

I love that this Barbie has two 'uses'... the first is obvious; as the fabulous doll she is. The second is that, since she is an angel, one could display her during Christmas, perhaps as the Angel at the top of the tree. I would love to have a tree topped with this lovely lady. Alas, this year I have a 4 foot tall pink-themed tree, so she would not only be too large for the tree but also in the wrong color scheme. But I digress.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment