Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Goodbye, Barbie Blog!

 

March of this year marked the tenth year of this blog.  Unfortunately, there will be no more years for this blog.  This Barbie blog has gone the way of virtually all blogs in that it has closed due to zero readership and neglect of the author, as well as the downfall of the blog medium itself.  I began this blog ten years ago as a fun way to share my dolls and as a fun hobby for myself.  I never approached it in a professional manner, I am not a professional photographer nor do I have any access to those inside the trade, no more than anybody else.  I have only ever offered amateur photographs and mostly easy to find information, and a small tip or two here and there.  I never intended or thought that it would become any kind of hub of major activity, and the last few years have shown that neither i nor any readers go out of our ways to come here.  I have many sets of photographs that I have taken of dolls I have had come in, with the intention of editing and posting here along with a smidgen of information about the doll and, if applicable, the person it's based on.  Due to near zero visitors to the blog, along with my disorganization and depression, these dolls have never made it into an entry here.  Clearly, none of the dolls I buy is unique, and this means that the dolls already are out there online, all their info is out there, and so are their pictures (pictures better than any I could take).  I knew this when I began the blog, but thought that a personal view might interest viewers.  I also never tried any extent of advertising, other than a Facebook page, which I did pay for Facebook to advertise.  I'm not ending my Barbie buying - I will continue that for the foreseeable future.  It is no need to say goodbye, as I never reached or retained any number of visitors.  This entry only serves as a farewell for myself, an official parting of myself and the blog, so I don't feel badly about not keeping it up.  I will leave it as it is, should anybody find their way here, but there will be no more entries or featured dolls. Should you wish to find good sources of info and pictures of new Barbies and other dolls, I suggest Papusile Mele, who has been the best source I've found to date of new dolls and information.  

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PapusileMele  

and her facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/995771127124494/

I've also enjoyed Helen's Doll Saga through the years: https://dollsaga.wordpress.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment