Monday, October 2, 2017

BRRR.... Is It Cold In Here? I'm FROZEN!

Disney's animated phenom 'Frozen' will turn 4 next month, and I haven't yet made a single post about the dolls from the film.


I immediately loved Frozen, like most of the people that have seen it. My favorite character is Elsa, and I had a bit of a crush on Kristoff. I have since imagined an alternate ending to the story, but I did love the movie. I was very eager to buy some Frozen dolls right away. I ended up not buying any until this summer.

There are different reasons for this. Primarily, I had great trouble finding a pair of Anna & Elsa dolls that really looked like the characters from the film. This is true for virtually all non-limited edition 'playline' dolls from all films. It is difficult, for some reason, to truly 'get' the look. At the time Frozen was released, Disney worked with Mattel to create and release Frozen character dolls en masse. If you are involved in the slightest with collecting dolls, you have surely seen the multitude of Frozen dolls populating the Disney section of the toy aisle. Unfortunately, I did not like any of them. They just didn't look like Anna & Elsa. Since the release of the film, Disney has begun to work with Hasbro to create and release dolls & toys from Disney films. Hasbro has done the best job of recreating the look of the original characters, I think. I have finally become the owner of a pair of Anna & Elsa dolls. This summer, I bought the Coronation Change Anna & Elsa dolls.


These are standard playline dolls, and aren't the greatest pair made, but I like them enough to add them to my collection. One day, I hope to have a pair of Anna & Elsa dolls repainted by the absolutely amazing artist lulumee. She has repainted the most amazing Frozen dolls (among many others).


I also found another Anna doll from the Spring Fever edition:


I came across Elsa's vanity set, which I thought would be great for my Abby Bominable Monster High doll.


I thought I could set it up back-to-back with my vanity for the Ever After High doll Raven Queen:


There is another Elsa doll product that I would like to buy if I come across it, her bed. It is advertised on the back of the box that the vanity comes in:


I don't like any of the play sets or other accoutrement made for the Frozen dolls. They have all been too playful, colorful, and unrealistic, and that of course is fine for younger doll fans, but as an adult, I would want sets that are true to the film. But what has been made for the Frozen dolls is perfect for Monster High dolls, and I love that they can go together.

My Frozen vanity:


No comments:

Post a Comment