Last night, I caught up on my Barbie-ing and renewed my Barbie Fan Club membership. My first year of Barbie Fan Club membership was last year, and I decided to go ahead and renew for 2016. BFC is open to renew in January of each year, but I put it off until now because I haven't been in a Barbie-ordering mood, though I have continued on with my thrift store Barbie searches :)
Yesterday was Barbie's birthday, and to celebrate, the Barbie Collector website had a 20% off promotion. Immediately after my purchase of this year's fan club membership, my $20 first quarterly credit was available, and I decided to use it in conjunction with the birthday discount. With the discount and the quarterly credit, I paid $9.91, including shipping. The total for Sweet Tea herself was $3.96 (originally $29.99), so it really does pay to get the membership.
I chose the Sweet Tea Barbie Look doll with the intention of using her articulated ModelMuse body with another head I've wanted to rebody. The body color of the doll's head I have is quite light, and not typically released as playline, with the lightest color being that which is used with the Raquelle doll. Articulated bodies (which I prefer) with the matching skin tone are harder to find outside of modelmuse bodies, and Sweet Tea comes with the articulated ModelMuse body in the color I am looking for, I THINK. This entry has been split into two parts because I haven't received the doll yet, and the second part will be posted after she arrives.
While I originally purchased Sweet Tea with the intention to just use her body, her face is quite sweet (aptly named) and I may have trouble not leaving her as is. Of course, if she is not the exact color I am hoping she is, I won't have to use her for the other doll head and will be able to leave her as is. And, of course, I can always get a second one!
Here is Sweet Tea -
With the first release of The Barbie Look line, Mattel created the Tea Party outfit, and I think that the Tea Party outfit is perfect for Sweet Tea as a secondary look. It has the same color scheme and will look great on Sweet Tea.
I was able to buy 2 sets of the Tea Party outfit because I found them at a great price. The accessories for Tea Party and Sweet Tea look like they will work well together.










No comments:
Post a Comment