Last month, I ran into an incredible deal via my local craigslist. A few times a week, I'll do a search for Barbie, and now and then I come across some fun stuff. That was my lucky day, because not an hour before I searched, somebody had posted a My Melody doll, new in box. My Melody is a doll that I have wanted for a while now, but haven't found at an affordable price. I think she's terrific, and to me looks like she would be best friends with my Tarina Tarantino Barbie.
I was able to buy this My Melody, and I was totally thrilled. I'm happy to share her here. I have not yet removed her from the backing she is attached to, as I am in the middle of trying to get all of my Barbie stuffs organized and I don't want My Melody just floating around and possibly getting damaged. Of course, the packaging is so cute, I don't know that I will want to take her out of it!
Mattel's My Melody Barbie was released in 2008, and is the result of a continuous collaboration with Sanrio, the company that produces Hello Kitty. There have been other Hello Kitty Barbie dolls, and hopefully there will be more. My Melody is a popular character in the Hello Kitty world, and is featured on the doll's packaging as well as in her outfit and accessories. My Melody, the character, has her birthday on January 18, which interestingly enough was just 3 days before I bought this My Melody Barbie doll :)
My Melody:
Previous collaborations with Sanrio resulted with these Hello Kitty Barbie dolls:
My "My Melody":





No comments:
Post a Comment