Today's entry is my brand new Barbie Basics doll, Model number 8, from Collection 002. I just bought her about half an hour ago.
I found her in the Walmart toy clearance section, slightly hidden. I got her at a great price, $8.50. With tax, $9.10! I was planning on buying the Beach Barbie from A Mermaid's Tail 2 (since it's $5.24 and I don't have her yet), but I got this one instead, since the beach one will be there next time I go. This doll has the model muse body that is more slender than the typical Barbie body. She came with a stand and a certificate of authenticity.
I like the Model Muse bodies over the regular bodies because they have extra details that are nice to have, such as painted finger- and toenails, individual feet (right/left), etc.
A cute detail on the jeans is the Barbie "B" logo embroidered on the back pocket. Also, the jeans have a snap button, which I haven't seen on a Barbie product in a while. (Not that I'm any kind of expert on Barbie!)
She wears black slingbacks.
I love slingbacks on Barbie, but the drawback is that they tend to fall off easily. This is easily solved by using the clear tiny rubber bands.
Another tip I have is to use a seam ripper when removing Barbie from her box. As any Barbie collector knows, Barbie is almost inseperable from her cardboard backing insert. Using a seam ripper makes the chore fast and simple. Just be careful as the tip is pointy, and can easily damage the doll's clothing or your fingers.
If you've never encountered one of these wonder tools before, they can be found in the sewing/crafting section. They usually don't cost very much. It's great for many things besides its intended use. It has a sharp section between the prongs.
Anyway, Back to Barbie. Here are some more pictures.
One last thing I think is cute is her hair. I like it, and it also matches a barbie I featured in my previous entry (the last doll of that blog).
HOMEWORK: Do you have a preference of Barbie's different body types?
No comments:
Post a Comment